Kingdom Come DTS
Jesus Christ is unveiling the reality of His kingdom in and through the hearts of sons and daughters all over the world; those who are so lost in love with the King that anything is possible. Are YOU one of them?
If you have ever wondered if there was more to life than this world or past experiences can offer, this DTS is for you! We are all about exploring the MORE of God, and we long to see a biblical expression of Christianity on the earth. Join the growing company of praying, worshiping, Jesus-loving, Holy Spirit revivalists who will stop at NOTHING to see God’s purposes unleashed upon a generation, following in the footsteps of Jesus!
God is looking for people who will not only pray to Him, but with Him; people who will not only seek to know Him, but would be known by Him; people who will not only pray, but who will partner with Him in the answer. Earth is not enough like heaven for us to simply pray this prayer. We must become it.
This DTS aims to pursue the full expression of the gospel of the kingdom through authentic, biblical intimacy with the King. In the first 3 months of the DTS, you will have plenty of teaching, activation, and opportunities for you to not only pray “Your Kingdom Come,” but to actually live it.
During our weekly Stream class times, we will take a closer look at the model Jesus left for us to follow. You will study the Sermon on the Mount (incl. the Lord’s prayer), the Lordship of Jesus, intimacy with the Father, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, signs and wonders, living offense-free, prayer and worship, the “normal” Christian life, and so much more! See the “Curriculum” Tab for more info.
You will also have the opportunity to practice and apply what you’re learning in the classroom out in the city of Tauranga. Whether it’s through street evangelism, prayer stations, or treasure hunts, you will be challenged to get bold and release the River of God’s presence to those who need it most. When we represent Jesus to this lost and broken world, there is NO LIMIT to what can happen!
After 12 weeks of lectures, you will embark on a wild 2-month journey where the limits of what you consider your “comfort zone” will be pushed beyond the breaking point! Your mission? To release the dominion of the King of Heaven wherever you go. Your team? A Holy Spirit-led group of humble, burning-hearted, revivalists and revolutionaries who long to see God renew His deeds of old. Your reward? Friendship with God and an inheritance in the nations.
As ambassadors of another kingdom, it is your mandate to give God an opportunity to break in and bring transformation, establishing the dominion of God on earth as it is in heaven. Whether it’s playing with street kids in the slums of the South Pacific, or interceding for revival with a small prayer group in rural India, your small “Yes” is all God requires to see a nation transformed!
History is coming to a crescendo. Entire nations are in the balance. The time is coming, and has now come, for followers of Jesus to let go, to lay down their lives, and embrace the will of the Heavenly Father: on earth as it is in Heaven. Will you take up your cross, surrendering all, joining the cries of the ancients, “May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward for His suffering!”?
“In this manner, therefore, pray: …Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
Please note: All of our DTS's join together weekday mornings for combined lectures, worship, and intercession. The main lectures cover topics like Hearing God's Voice, Relationships, the Nature and Character of God, and the Holy Spirit, to name a few. Normally in the afternoons throughout the week, each individual school will have specific focus groups, also known as streams. The streams are tailor made to focus on each school's theme. As detailed above, the Kingdom Come stream will study the kingdom of God, learn how to find intimacy with the King, and discover how His Kingdom is advanced in the present through worship, prayer, and the miraculous.
Our Discipleship Training Schools are registered with the University of the Nations but not for the purposes of accreditation, as U of N is not an accredited University as stated on their web site.
KINGDOM COME STREAM CURRICULUM
Below is an overview of what could be covered in our weekly streams:
1. The Normal Christian Life:
◦ What does it look like to be a Christian, or an “anointed one?”
What does the Bible and history have to say about what was always expected to be “normal” Christianity?
Maybe that which we’ve come to believe was reserved for the extraordinary was actually intended to be ordinary.
2. The Sermon on the Mount:
◦ After Jesus first proclaimed and demonstrated the Gospel of the Kingdom, He sat down to teach His followers. What followed was one of the most revolutionary teachings ever recorded. In it, Jesus boldly declared the ushering in of a new age, and the terms of a new covenant. What did it mean in its original context? What does it reveal about the Father’s heart? What does it mean for us today?
3. Not My Will, But Yours Be Done:
◦ The night before Jesus was crucified was one of the most intense moments of history. How was Jesus able to consistently submit to His Father’s will? What can we learn from the model Jesus presented us with His life and death?
4. The Presence of God and the Ascended Lifestyle:
◦ Moses knew what it meant to speak face to face with God, as a man speaks to his friend. David knew that the face of the Lord was the “One Thing” His heart was to seek. Today, we are under a far more glorious covenant. How was Jesus able to live completely dependent upon the Father for His every decision, word, and move? We will learn keys to living out “on earth as it is in heaven” from the resurrection and ascension of Jesus.
5. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Fire:
◦ Jesus was baptized in water, and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in bodily form as a dove. John the Baptist, however, prophesied that Jesus would baptize us with the Holy Spirit and fire. What does that mean for us today?
6. The Miraculous Lifestyle:
◦ Jesus promised that those who believe in Him would do “greater works” than He ever did. Could it be that He is looking for a generation who will push beyond the high watermark that He left for us?
◦ There is no contest as to who is the High King of Heaven. God alone sits on the throne, and will forever be worthy of our worship. Regardless of our circumstances, He is the one King on the throne of Heaven. Faith, preaching, and prophecy will one day cease: worship never will.
8. History of Revivals and Revivalists:
◦ The Church has gone through a significant journey from the time of the first apostles until today. Was revival ever the intention of the heart of God? Was it ever God’s plan that His church would need to be revived? What do the revivals and reformations of Christian history tell us about God’s heart for His people?
9. Biblical, Christian Worldview:
◦ There are many world views alive and well in the church worldwide. How does yours measure up to the standard set in the Bible? Do we understand the events around us through Biblical lenses? Through modern/western lenses? Through traditional lenses? What does the Bible have to say about the sacred-secular divide so entrenched in our culture?
10. Barriers to Intimacy and fruitfulness:
◦ The life of a believer is more than just going to church, reading the Bible and praying. How do we go through life abiding in Jesus when disappointments, difficulties, offences and fear encroach on all sides? We will study how to overcome these and other barriers, ensuring our hearts stay pure before Him.
11. The Authority and Preeminence of Jesus the King:
◦ Jesus Christ is the centre. All of history hinged on His appearing, and so should our lives. How do we make the transition from Old to New Covenant living? What does it mean to have the mind of Christ? How do we live on earth as the body, with Jesus, the head, in heaven? What does it mean that we live in the kingdom, yet we are still waiting for His kingdom to come?