Prayer & Passion DTS
The disciples asked, “Lord, teach us how to pray”. Our Prayer & Passion DTS is for you who DARE to draw CLOSE to the heart of God and discover what beats on the inside!!! Do you have a desire to Know God more, grow in intimacy with Him, and understand the power of prayer like never before? MAKE YOUR LIFE A HOUSE OF PRAYER! Let what beats in your heart come into alignment with what beats in His heart. We desire that each of you will experience what the men in Luke 24:13-35 experienced on the road to Emmaus: "Did not our hearts burn within us while [the Lord] talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the scriptures?"
This DTS is all about allowing our hearts to be lit aflame with PASSION for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and for the building of His kingdom. It's more than just experiencing that place of intimacy, but learning to live out of it.
Prayer is a vital part of our lives as believers. We will be learning to walk wholeheartedly devoted to the Lord; to be a people who desire to see His kingdom established, and His will to be done in our lives and on the earth. Join us as we discover the importance of prayer: personally, corporately and for the nations. We will have teaching on many different aspects of prayer including intimacy with God, the power of praying Scripture, fasting, the link between prayer and worship, warfare, and intercession. Discover how prayer can be an engine room when approaching outreach, missions, and evangelism, because it means tapping into the Father’s heart, and allowing yours to beat in sync with His.
Prayer & Passion will meet each week to dive deeper into these subjects, as well as other stream activities.We are very fortunate to have on the property Gideon's Valley Prayer Walk, and The Prayer Chapel , or Whare Karakia. We will certainly be making use of those! You will also be involved in weekly base-wide intercession times (some of which will be student led) Bible-reading marathons, Prayer and Fasting weekends, and prayer ministry/evangelism.
For the main lectures we will join with the other DTS streams on the base, and you will receive one on one mentoring and discipleship throughout the school as well.
But hey let's not keep it just as notes in our journals! Following lecture phase is outreach which could be to a location in Southeast Asia, the South Pacific, or even over to North America where we have partnered with the Hollywood Prayer Network/Movement in California, USA.
Ministry opportunities in Hollywood could include praying through the Warner Brothers Production Studio, Sony Studios, ministry to the homeless in Skid Row, serving food to the homeless, and prayer walks down Hollywood Boulevard. Wherever outreach may end up being, you will be putting into practice everything learned during the lecture phase; with RESULTS because we know that "The prayers of the righteous are POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE."
All of us are called to pray. And this DTS is your opportunity to learn: about God, yourself and about reaching the world around you. Join us for an adventure unlike anything you ever dreamed of! Will you dare to touch the heart of the Father?
Please Note: All of our DTS's join together weekday mornings for combined lectures, worship, and intercession. The main lectures cover topics like Hearing God's Voice, Spiritual Warfare, Relationships, Identity and Calling, the Nature and Character of God, and the Holy Spirit, to name a few. Normally in the afternoons throughout the week, each individual school will have specific focus groups, also known as streams. The streams are tailor made to focus on each school theme. For example, the Prayer & Passion DTS will cover specifics having to do with the principles of intercession, what it looks like to intentionally pursue intimacy with God, and the power and effectiveness of prayer.
Our Discipleship Training Schools are registered with the University of the Nations but not for the purposes of accreditation as U of N is not an accredited University as stated on their web site.
PRAYER & PASSION STREAM CURRICULUM
Below is an overview of what could be covered in our weekly streams:
1. The Heartbeat of Prayer & Passion: A Brief Overview of the Focus and Goals
◦ Deepening our relationship with God, aligning our hearts with His, understanding prayer and intercession, and being equipped to live it as a lifestyle
◦ Intimacy with God. What does it look like to make Him our first love?
◦ Allowing our hearts to burn with passion for Jesus and for seeing His Kingdom come to earth
2. Intercession and Prayer:
◦ What is prayer and what is intercession? Are they the same thing? What are the differences?
◦ How is intimacy a crucial key to intercession?
◦ Taking a look at this question: Do actually believe that our prayers can bring about a change in our lives, cities, and world?
3. Intimacy with God:
◦ Being a friend of God. How can we cultivate intimacy with God?
◦ Emphasis on our relationship with the Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit
◦ What role does intimacy with God have in our prayer life?
◦ How does intimacy with God lead to a revelation of our own identity?
4. Application: Time in His Presence
◦ Spending time simply listening to God
◦ Asking Him questions
◦ Not only listening to Holy Spirit but actually responding to what He says
5. Prayer and Fasting:
◦ What is fasting and why do we fast? Is it really that essential to prayer? What’s the connection? How do you fast?
◦ What does it really look like to have a life style of prayer and fasting?
◦ Learn about the power and effectiveness when prayer is combined with fasting
6. Persistent Prayer: The Church’s Weapon to Fight Injustice
◦ Human trafficking. Child soldiers. Terrorism. The list can go on and on and on. But what can we as the body of Christ do to fight injustice?
◦ How do we deal with the discouragement that comes when prayers are seemingly unanswered?
◦ Looking at examples in Scripture that affirm the effectiveness and necessity of persevering prayer
7. Application: Intercession for Injustice
◦ Spend some time researching various injustices currently happening in the world
◦ As a stream we will take some time to intercede on behalf of these issues
◦ Each student/group of students will have the opportunity to lead an intercession time with the entire base
8. Renewing of the Mind:
◦ Recognize the power that comes with allowing God to transform our minds
◦ How can we allow God to replace our own way of thinking and perceiving with God’s way of thinking?
◦ Distinguishing truth from lies and making the choice to embrace the new creation and live out of our identity in Christ
9. Praying Scripture:
◦ Why pray Scripture?
◦ The Bible is full of prayers! We’ll be taking a look at many of these examples throughout the Word
◦ Emphasis on the importance of memorizing scripture; when you know it, it will naturally flow through your prayers
10. Spiritual Warfare:
◦ What is spiritual warfare and why is it important?
◦ Personal Battlegrounds (our mind, words, attitudes, etc.)
◦ What are the weapons we have that we can use?
◦ Various types of corporate warfare: worship, prayer walking, declaration, etc.
Other Activities Include:
◦ A Bible study on the book of Hebrews throughout the lecture phase portion of the DTS
◦ We will be joining with the Tauranga House of Prayer (THOP) at least twice a month for a time of worship and intercession for the city of Tauranga and the nation of New Zealand