Wild Heart DTS
This is a DTS for those who have a desire to follow God with WILD ABANDONMENT, and love a good ADVENTURE.
Daniel 11:32b “But the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.”
There was a group of men in the Bible. They were a bold, courageous, fiercely loyal and committed group – David’s Mighty Men. From all sorts of backgrounds, they came together and were unified in a singular purpose -- performing great exploits.
We, like them, also want something to be PASSIONATE about, we want a place to BELONG, and we want a cause to which we can COMMIT. That’s what the Wild Heart DTS is about: God’s Mighty Men AND Women who are passionate for Him with hearts ablaze like a wild fire, who enjoy adventure, and who desire to spread this fire!
IS IT POSSIBLE to grow so close to God, that your heart begins to beat with His? We think so! The first 3 months is about you and God. It’s a time to know God more INTIMATELY; growing CLOSER to Him, STRONGER in Him, and becoming more like Him. You will learn more about some of the heroes of faith - people like David, Moses, Abraham. They were some of the closest people to God, who actually knew His heart. During the Wild Heart stream time you will learn how they CULTIVATED this type of relationship, and how you can too through in-depth character studies.
But you WONT just be sitting in the classroom studying...
When was the last time you were suspended 60 feet off the ground zip lining through a forest, rafted over a 21-foot waterfall, or hiked up some ancient volcanoes? Check out the “CURRICULUM” tab to find out some of the adventures / exploits you will undertake during your first 3 months.
The adventure and exploits don’t stop there! Following lecture phase is 2 months of outreach, to go a step further…perhaps to a forgotten village off the beaten path; to places beyond your comfort zone; daring enough to go the long haul and put a Bible in every home on a remote Pacific Island. It's your opportunity to reach others and perform great exploits.
Right now in history God wants to AWAKEN young hearts; the kind of hearts that ALIGN themselves with His and burn so bright that it causes others to be awakened too. So whether your flame is burning strong, or flickering out…COME and let God ignite YOUR passion and give you a heart that’s WILD for Him!
“There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.”
Please Note: All of our DTS's join together weekday mornings for combined lectures, worship, and intercession. The main lectures cover topics like Hearing God's Voice, Relationships, the Nature and Character of God, and the Holy Spirit, to name a few. Normally in the afternoons throughout the week, each individual school will have specific focus groups, also known as streams. The streams are tailor made to focus on each school theme. For example, the Wild Heart DTS will spend time learning what it is to be a person after God’s own heart (looking at the men and women in the Bible who were the closest to God and the dearest friends of Jesus), AND taking our wild hearts on a handful of exciting, intense and WILD adventures!
Our Discipleship Training Schools are registered with the University of the Nations but not for the purposes of accreditation, as U of N is not an accredited University as stated on their web site.
Wild Heart Stream Curriculum
Below is an overview of what could be covered in our weekly streams.
1. Introduction - Going deeper
◦ Commitment to walking towards transformation and discipleship
◦ Goals for students during lecture phase and outreach
◦ Vision and heart behind the school
◦ Establishment of school culture
2. Friend of God - Keys from the life of Abraham
◦ Total surrender, being in agreement with God, obedience
◦ Abraham and Sarah's impatience - lasting consequences
◦ Faith - believing and doing
◦ Loyalty and dependability
◦ Freely confiding
3. Face to Face with God - Keys from the life of Moses
◦ Total surrender, obedience
◦ Humility, trust, and laying down of rights
◦ Taking the time to listen
◦ Hungry for more
◦ Courageous conversations
4. Deborah - A Fearless Patriot
◦ Prophetess and judge
◦ Wife and maternal figure
◦ Agitator and warrior
5. The Disciples Closest to Jesus
◦ John - The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved
◦ Peter - The Impetuous
◦ Andrew - The Apostle who shared Christ personally
6. Female Followers of Jesus
◦ Mary Magdalene
◦ Martha and Mary of Bethany
◦ Mary, Jesus' Mother
7. Skinned, Stoned, Sawed, Burned, and Beheaded
◦ How the 12 disciples died
◦ Other notable martyrs in Christian history
◦ The relevance of martyrdom for Christians today
8. The Shepherd Boy - Keys from the life of David
◦ Learning the way of The Shepherd
◦ Dwelling in the Lord's presence
◦ Passion and zeal for the Lord
◦ Fear of the Lord
9. David - The Anointed King and Man After God's Own Heart
◦ Perseverance and trust
◦ Being a person after God's heart
◦ What God looks for
◦ 7 things about David that God loved
10. Creative Presentations by the Students
◦ A 10 minute presentation on the Biblical character that meant the most to them. To include:
◦ 5 point summary about their Godly characteristics
◦ What were their weaknesses, if any
◦ A song or video clip that ties in with the presentation
Activities chosen from the following list:
1) Whitewater rafting / cave tubing
2) Learn to Surf at Mt. Maunganui main beach
3) Attending a rugby match
4) Baypark Speedway
5) Clay target shooting
6) Rock climbing - Rocktopia
7) Outdoor Laser Tag & Paintball - Game On
8) High ropes course - Adrenalin Forest
9) Wairere Waterfall Hike
*Cost for these activities are already included in the lecture phase fees
◦ Tuesday & Thursday 5am workouts
◦ Evangelism Opportunities
◦ 24 Hour Worship Burns