If you have a PASSION for worship and for God’s PRESENCE, this DTS is for you! Genuine worship isn't just singing songs and getting a good feeling. It’s so much more; more than music, voices, instruments, art or dance… It's seeing God for who He really is - His POWER, His GREATNESS, His HOLINESS - and then giving Him what He’s worth - THE BEST of your time, your talents, your thoughts, and your words; seeing afresh the tremendous worth of God and, in response, giving Him the best of everything you have. Fire always falls on genuine sacrifice.
To worship God is to give Him our love, reverence, service, and devotion. It is a matter of the HEART. It can't be ritualistic; it must be felt. In worship, you ascribe worth to God with all your being, with your mind focused solely on the Lord, praising God for who He is and thanking Him for what He has done. Worship helps you DEVELOP a God-like character since we become like the one we worship.
Jesus explained THE FATHER IS SEEKING those who will worship Him "in spirit and in truth.” These words are challenging, but also inviting. The Father is seeking YOU! Join us as we pursue God wholeheartedly, and worship Him from a place of deeper understanding of who He is.
Over the first 3 months of the Worship DTS, you will have daily DTS lectures, intercession and worship times, giving you the chance to encounter the living God as He really is. In addition, you will have a weekly Worship Stream time, where you will DELVE DEEP into the Biblical truths of a lifestyle of worship, praise, God’s presence, humility, freedom and more, all while gaining valuable tools and the practical ‘know-how’ needed to lead worship AND worshipers!
Do you ever wonder: "What is God looking for in a worshipper? How do we create an atmosphere for the Presence of God? What is the spiritual significance of music?" These topics and so much more will be discussed during stream time.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in ‘24/7’ non-stop WORSHIP WEEKENDS, performance nights, and even function in a church worship team. You will participate in worship and songwriting WORKSHOPS and will write your own song! There will be multiple base worship times each week and you will be involved in these, and you may even LEAD a base WORSHIP SET.
The next 8 weeks are Outreach Phase; it’s the time to take all you've learned and apply it on the mission field. Under the Old Covenant, the priests carried the Ark of the Lord’s Presence. Today, you are a royal priest, and you carry the presence of God with you. 2 Samuel 6 describes how Obed-Edom's household was abundantly blessed while the Ark of the Lord remained there. Likewise, you will be a blessing to the community, village and nation in which you are staying, because His Presence will go with you.
You may have the opportunity to host WORSHIP SEMINARS, and worship in significant places to be a spearhead to breakthrough. See spiritual walls come down, like the walls of Jericho, and overturn the forces of spiritual darkness! Can you worship on a ferry or a dug-out canoe? On top of a volcano or on a remote island? With a people who speak a different language or are of different denominations? YES YOU CAN! Come and experience. Be awakened and empowered by His presence!!!
The Worship DTS is intended for those already able to play an instrument, sing, dance etc. Beginner lessons, for those who are not already somewhat skilled in these areas, are not part of the curriculum.
Please Note: All of our DTS's join together weekday mornings for combined lectures, worship, and intercession. The main lectures cover topics like Hearing God's Voice, Relationships, the Nature and Character of God, and the Holy Spirit, to name a few. Normally in the afternoons throughout the week, each individual school will have specific focus groups, also known as streams. The streams are taylor made to focus on each school theme. For example, the Worship DTS will cover specifics having to do with music and worship.
Our Discipleship Training Schools are registered with the University of the Nations but not for the purposes of accreditation as U of N is not an accredited University as stated on their web site.
WORSHIP STREAM CURRICULUM
Below is an overview of what could be covered in our weekly streams (not necessarily in this order):
1. What Is Worship?
◦ Exploring what it means to worship in spirit and truth.
◦ Worship empowers a new way of living life
◦ What does the Bible say about worship?
◦ The expressions of worship
2. The Heart of Worship
◦ Understanding heart postures that delight the Lord
◦ How to worship God with a pure heart
◦ The importance of our heart before the Lord
3. The Presence of God
◦ Encountering God in His fullness
◦ Understanding the power of His presence
◦ Exploring what the Bible says about His presence
4. Who Are We Worshipping?
◦ Searching for the Character & Nature of God through the scriptures
◦ Standing in Awe & Reverence of Him
◦ Our response to the fullness of Jesus Christ
◦ The power of the secret place
◦ Walking with the Lord
◦ Cultivating a sensitive relationship with Jesus
◦ Why it is important to approach the Lord in humility
◦ What humility looks like during and out of worship
◦ Studying the example Jesus set for us through humility
7. Prophetic Worship & Singing
◦ Spontaneous singing
◦ Exploring what scriptures say about this
◦ What are some useful tools to get started?
8. David's Tabernacle
◦ What is David’s Tabernacle?
◦ What does David’s Tabernacle have to do with worship?
◦ Study the Biblical basis for praise, worship and God’s presence
9. Leading Worship
◦ Creating a set list
◦ Practical ways to plan and set up a worship session
◦ How to approach leading others – in the right heart posture
10. Song writing
◦ Various types of writing
◦ Composing & arranging music
◦ A tool to deepen personal intimacy with the Lord